Aurender Announces N20 Music Server/Streamer
September 25th, 2020
Aurender has been busy working on new models that fill in the gap in both performance and price between the current model N10 and flagship W20SE. The new model N20 is an upgraded-in-every-way N10, much like how the W20SE evolved from the original W20. All new circuit topologies inside and a fresh new cosmetic exterior make this a product sure to be a big success.
N20 Highlights and Features:
- The brand new linear power supply for N20 utilizes 2 transformers, 4 cores, large audio-grade capacitors, and isolated grounding! It is extremely sophisticated and dead quiet! A power supply this good contributes immediately audible improvements to any audio component.
- Grounding for the SPDIF outputs is now isolated by a separate transformer for an even lower noise floor on AES/EBU, Coax RCA & BNC, and Toslink outputs compared to N10.
- All new circuit boards populated with higher precision OCXO clock and oscillator exhibiting 4 to 10 times more stability (frequency stability vs. load) than the N10. Musicality, timing, pace and rhythm are greatly enhanced.
- Like A30, ACS10 and ACS100, the N20 features a built-in super capacitor-based uninterruptible power supply. This prevents disc and operating system corruption in the event of an abrupt power outage by safely shutting down the system.
- A word clock input facilitates syncing N20 with an external word clock.
- N20 features a full color 8.8” 1980 x 480 wide screen as found on A30. The chassis size is just slightly taller than the N10 giving it a more substantial appearance.
- The N20 is supplied without hard drives installed. As with N100SC and ACS100, hard drives are the customer’s choice. Each of the two rear panel mounting sleds accommodates a 1, 2,4 or 8TB 2.5 inch SSD or up to 5TB 15mm height 2.5inch HDDs. Since users have different storage requirements, we feel this is the best way to satisfy everyone.
- Next-generation USB Audio Class 2.0 Module designed with an emphasis on lowering jitter and lowest possible latency.
- Like the W20SE and ACS10, the N20 uses a double isolated LAN port for filter out router induced noise.
- Double the DRAM (8GB) of the N10 providing ample system resource for support of native DSD 512 playback.
- Improved and higher capacity SSD for caching. Upgraded to 500GB M2 NVME. N10 uses a 2.5” 240GB SATA.
- Available in silver or black finish.
Suggested Retail Price: $12,000. Shipping November 2020.
Want more information visit our Sound Lab Aurender micro-site.