March 1st, 2017
As a longtime dealer partner of the D+M Group Brands, we are extremely excited to share Sound United’s acquisition of the D+M Group. As of Feb. 28th, the transaction was closed and we’ve begun the unification process. It goes without saying that your business is extremely important to everyone here at the D+M Group, and we’ll do everything in our power to make the transition as smooth as possible. As far as we’re concerned, it’s business as usual.
Additional details as follows:
• Sound United is North America’s largest designer and marketer of premium audio solutions. Sound United operates a diverse portfolio of brands including Polk Audio, an audio brand with more than 40 years of pioneering high-quality stereo and home theater audio solutions; Definitive Technology, a 25-year veteran in the high-end home audio space; and Polk BOOM, a portable audio brand targeting the youthful action-sports oriented consumer.
• D+M Group’s portfolio of brands—Denon, HEOS, Marantz and Boston Acoustics—compliment Sound United’s current audio brand roster and will serve to continue our expansion into new markets and product specialties.
• Combining D+M Group’s extensive market share and technology in the A/V receiver industry with Sound United’s leadership in the consumer audio market will better position all brands for success moving forward.
• The combined geographic performance of Sound United and D+M Group will provide the means to reach into new corners of the market and continue our growth goals moving into 2017 and beyond.
• Kevin Duffy will assume the role of CEO of the combined company.
• Jim Caudill will move to an advisory position in support of the merger and go forward strategy between the brands.